The Department of Operational Research, in collaboration with Municipal Health posts of F South Ward, has set up two Adolescent Friendly Centers at Parel and Sewri. These centers mainly cater to the sexual and reproductive health and other concerns of married as well as unmarried adolescents and youth aged 10-24 years. These centers are manned by Doctors, Counselors and Social Workers and have a network with hospitals and organizations.
The following services are offered free of cost at the centers:
• Information and counseling on various issues of reproductive and adolescent health
• Family planning services including provision of condoms and Emergency Contraceptive Pills
• Premarital counseling
• Treatment of menstrual and other gynecological problems
• Treatment and counseling on sexually transmitted infections
• Pregnancy detection
• Antenatal and postnatal care
• Information and counseling on sexual concerns
• Education on sexuality and life skills.
The services from these centers can be availed from Monday to Friday between 10 AM to 5 PM . For appointments, on any other days or time than mentioned above, kindly contact at the following numbers. We would be glad to accommodate your request.
1) Jagruti Adolescent Center
V. Shantaram Health Post
Near BEST Quarters, Parel
2) Jagruti Adolescent Cente
Ramtekdi Health Post
Near Tata Power Colony
Dr. S. L. Chauhan, Scientist 'E', NIRRH
Dr. B. R. Joshi, Scientist ‘C’, NIRRH