Department of Clinical Research
Phone : +( 91-22) 2419 2035
- MBBS Mumbai University 1993
| House Officer
|| 1994-Till date
- Clinical trials with intrauterine contraceptive devices
- Clinical trials with steroidal contraceptive like emergency contraceptive pill, injectable contraceptive
- Studies on Reproductive Tract Infections (RTIs)
- Phase I trials with Microbicides
- Molecular study on Parturition
- Clinical trials on Medical Abortion
Awards & Achievements
- Six-month fellowship program on “Bioethics and Ethics Committee Administration” conducted jointly by the Western Institutional Review Board(USA), World Health Organization, Middleton Foundation for Ethical Studies and National Institutes of Health, University of Washington, Western Institutional Review Board (USA), January 8 – June 15, 2007
- Best Poster Award: Healthy Ageing : Osteoporosis a Concern at the International Conference on Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Healthy and Participatory Ageing at S.V.T. College of Home Science, S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai, January 22-24, 2009.
Publications (Last 10)
- Parmar T, Gadkar-Sable S, Savardekar L, Katkam R, Dharma S, Meherji P, Puri CP, Sachdeva G. Protein profiling of human endometrial tissues in the midsecretory and proliferative phases of the menstrual cycle. Fertil Steril. 2008.
- Parmar T, Sachdeva G, Savardekar L, Katkam RR, Nimbkar-Joshi S, Gadkar-Sable S, Salvi V, Manjramkar DD, Meherji P, Puri CP. Protein repertoire of human uterine fluid during the mid-secretory phase of the menstrual cycle. Hum Reprod. 379-86. 2008
- Desai Meena P, Khatkhatay MI, Bhanu Prakash KV, Savardekar LS, Shah RS, Ansari Z. Hormonal profiles and biochemical indices of bone turnover in Indian women. Osteoporos Int. 923-9. 2007
- Savardekar LS , Shah R S and Walvekar V. Asymptomatic cervical perforation by intrauterine copper bearing contraceptive device: two unusual cases. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Bio 236-7, 2005
- Online paper on “ Post menopausal osteoporosis in India : Growing public health concern” Shah Rashmi S, Savardekar Lalita S; Website of Global Health Forum for Health Research : Forum 9 , 2005
- Shah Rashmi S, Savardekar Lalita S. Post menopausal osteoporosis, ICMR Bulletin 35,1-4; 2005
- Shah R S, Savardekar L, Iddya U, Balaiah D, Parihar A, Jankaria B. First Indian study on bone mineral density measurement in Indian women –Salient outcomes. Osteoporosis Alert 1:4-5, 2004
- Savardekar L , Shah R S, Iddya U, Balaiah D, Parihar A, Jankaria B. Bone density in normal Indian women: Assessment by DEXA and USG. Obs and Gynae Today: 363-6, 2004.
- Shah R S, Kalgutkar K, Savardekar L, Chitlange S, Iddya U, Balaiah D. Menopausal symptoms in urban Indian women. Obs and Gynae Today: 242-6, 2004.
- Contraceptive knowledge and practices among abortion seekers (Funded by NIRRH)
- Reproductive tract infections- a clinical and microbiological study in women(Funded by WHO in country)
- Acceptability and continuation rates of two monthly injectable --NET- EN( Funded by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India)
- Determination of the prevalence of Osteoporosis in Indian women by DEXA technique: Therapeutic intervention in high- risk women.
- Evaluation of menopausal symptomatology in peri- menopausal women. (Funded by NIRRH)
- Comparison of two doses and two routes of administration of Misoprostol after pre-treatment with
Mifepristone for early pregnancy termination (Funded by WHO).
- Elucidation of the role of progesterone in cervical ripening in rats(Funded by Department of Science and Technology)
- Assessment of the prevalence of Osteoporosis in adult population in India (Funded by ICMR)